New to dance competitions? Want to double or even triple check you’ve packed everything for the upcoming weekend?
Tii has you covered…
1. ALL DANCE COSTUMES
2. TIGHTS AND UNDERGARMENTS. Pack double in case of runs or accidents (TRICK: If tights begin to run, pack clear nail polish to avoid further pulling)
3. DANCE SHOES. Pack a screw driver for those loose taps.
4. STUDIO JEWELRY. Double check you have the appropriate jewelry for each costume, only if applicable.
5. HAIR AND MAKEUP. Many dancers come with hair and makeup already done, but after a long day of hard dancing you may want to bring extra for touch ups… Especially Hair Spray and Lipstick
6. WARM UP CLOTHES. Dancers may want to bring a pair of sweats to warm up in, to ensure your costume does not get wrinkled or dirty. (TRICK:Bring big wool socks or slippers to keep feet warm during warm up. Just don’t forget to take them off before showtime!)
7. WATER AND SNACKS. It is important to keep hydrated while dancing. Fruits and Vegetables are great snacks to pack for show day!
8. PORTABLE SEWING KIT. This can be a life saver for last minute costume malfunctions! A quick tack can be a lot safer than a safety pin while dancing
“JUST IN CASE” Nail polish remover, Two-Sided Tape, Bum Glue, Bobby Pins, Hair Nets, Hair Elastics, Jell, Hairspray, Straightener/Curling Iron, Deodorant, Q-Tips, Portable Mirror, Make-Up Remover Wipes, Tide-To-Go, Safety Pins, Bandages, Polysporin, Ice Packs, Tooth Brush/Tooth Paste
THIS IS IT DANCE PARENTS ARE NEVER FORGOTTEN. WE WILL ALWAYS HONOUR YOUR DEDICATION AND COMMITTMENT. FUN APPAREL, GIFT CARDS AND GIVEWAYS ARE GIVEN OUT THROUGHOUT THE WEEKEND!
THISIS IT offers an EMERGENCY Table at every competition. CHECK IT OUT, we might just have what you need.
Here are some fun tips to keep in mind while attending THIS IS IT DANCE COMPETITION
1. ALWAYS HAVE FUN. If you are having fun, then the audience will have fun too!
2. MAKE FRIENDS. Some of the friends you meet at competitIon will be friends that last a lifetime!
3. SUPPORT EACH OTHER. Every studio is a team, and knowing you have a support system can make all the difference!
4. BE ON TIME. Preparation is key. Make sure to always check when your dance is, and to make sure you are dressed and ready to dance well before it!
5. CHEER EACH OTHER ON. This is the one place you are allowed to yell and cheer on other dancers, so go for it…cheer your heart out!
6. QUIET BACKSTAGE. When entering backstage, make sure to keep a quiet voice so that the dancers on stage can not hear you!
7. STAY OUT OF THE WINGS. If you can see the audience, they can see you. Make sure only the dancers on stage are what the audience can see!
8. CHECK-IN BACKSTAGE. Make sure to check in backstage with TII team to let us know you are backstage and ready to dance!
9. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. We know you know to keep your dances clean, but make sure you also keep your costumes and dance bags clean as well!
10. THANK YOU!. Last, but not least, don’t forget to ALWAYS thank your teachers and parents! They help you achieve your dreams and goals, in support with THIS IS IT DANCE COMPETITION
FUN GIVEAWAYS ARE GIVEN OUT DURING EVERY AWARDS!